BEAUTY---GORGEOUS ALTEC MODEL 19 SPEAKERS ONE OWNER INCREDIBLE - eBay (item 260511094053 end time Nov-29-09 09:01:40 PST)This first pair looks just like the mint pair I picked up locally a few months ago except the grills in this auction look a little worn (cat pulls?)--same year as mine too. Right now they're at $660 which would be a real bargain for anyone up for a drive--about $400 less than I paid for mine. I'm sure this is a very debatable opinion but after buying my model 19's I'm convinced they are the best overall sounding (home) speakers Altec ever produced--I have to use my Alesis Equalizer to get my Heathkit AS-101's to sound close to as good as the model 19's do without an equalizer. My AS 101's are from 1971 and in mint condion--same drivers as stock Valencias from that time frame with stock heathkit crossovers and Heathkit cabs that look like "Flamenco" cabs--I did replace all the crossover capacitors in the Heathkits with help and advice from people on this board and it noticably improved their sound. The 19's sound better than my Valencias as well (1969 mint stock drivers, crossover, and cabs--have considered replacing the stock crossovers in the Valencias but that's another post....). AND THE BEAST PAIR of ALTEC MODEL NINETEEN SPEAKER CABINET s - eBay (item 220514790323 end time Nov-25-09 10:08:16 PST) What this guy did to his model 19's should be a crime punishable by significant jail time! Still, at $49 might barely be worth it as a DIY project for someone who wants to recone the woofers, refinish the cabs, and hunt down the right horns and drivers--not even sure if these cabs in this condition can be refinished they are so far gone.... I literally gasped when I saw what was done to these speakers![]()







Bookmarks